Tuesday, September 23, 2014

It's Hard To Be Humbled


They say pride goeth before the fall

I don’t know if that’s true at all

One thing I know that’s very clear

Humiliation is always near

 

There’s nothing like a healthy diet

To impress a prospective client

He left with lasting memories

Of the spinach stuck between my teeth

 

We hugged, we laughed, and we reminisced

And claimed the other looked the same

I would have enjoyed our reunion more

If I could have remembered her name

 

The screen was dark and the mouse was dead

But it wasn’t panic that turned me red

I called IT and they rushed to begin

Solving the problem by plugging it in

 

They smiled and nodded as I walked past

But it didn’t take long for my ego to crash

It wasn’t me they were happy to view

But what was stuck to the bottom of my shoe

 

It’s hard to be humbled by life’s little jokes

But sometimes my pride needs a little poke

To deflate my ego and keep it small

And hopefully keep me from that fall

No comments:

Post a Comment