Thursday, February 26, 2015
The Uninvited
OK so you’re gorgeous, I’m forced to admit
You even look good when you are soaking wet
Commanding attention wherever you go
You arrive with a flourish and put on quite a show
It’s hard to believe how some hope just to see you
I have seen all I want; to me you are old news
The entourage with you seems very nice
But their bright sparkling faces hide cold hearts of ice
You don’t worry that your welcome maybe overstayed
You party all night and into the days
And what of the cost to clean up what you do
The comfort of others means nothing to you
Am I jealous of the power that you seem to yield
Over all that I know despite how I feel
Others have run to avoid your displays
But I stand my ground and count out the days
Until you move on and there’s nothing left
But the remnants you leave in a big ugly mess
For a time someone else will be front and center
But I know you’ll be back for an encore oh Winter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment