Thursday, May 7, 2015

Just Try & Stop Me or We Both Knew This Was Coming


I’ve had it with you
I’m calling your bluff
 
I’m so overwhelmed
Enough is enough
 
I’ve followed your schedule
And met all your needs
 
Gone above and beyond
Just hoping to please

But there comes a time
When what’s left of me

Wants to reclaim some ground
And longs to be free

So I’m taking a stand
And pulling away

I’m not looking back
It’s all yours come what may

This siren’s call
 I cannot resist

It’s there for the taking
Right off my wish list

I know it won’t last
And I’ll need to come back

Not because of your charms
Just the plain simple fact

What you add to my life
I can’t do without
 
You’re one of the choices
That I sometimes doubt
 
But oh Work you must know
That you’re not all that fun

So I will and I must
Leave you for - vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment