Monday, May 25, 2015

No One to Blame but Myself



Where in the world did you come from
How did you get in here
I was rid of you, I thought, for sure
Then I turned around and there you were

I don’t know how you do it
I’ve put certain things in place
To guard against your onslaught
And keep you in your place

Sometimes I blame myself
For being open to yet more
Of things that make you who you are
And let you in the door

But I’m tired of the battle
And I’m tempted to give in 
After all no one is perfect
And having you is not a sin

But I’m warning you right now 
There are times I won’t allow
Your presence to disrupt my plans
Some people would not understand

Why I put up with you at all
Because they’ve managed not to fall
Into the habit that makes me mutter
Under my breath – I hate you Clutter

No comments:

Post a Comment