Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Get Over It


There’s such a thing as stalking
            There are people I can call

 Why can’t you see it’s not meant to be
             No matter what you saw

 It wasn’t a tease or even a glance
             The whole encounter was just by chance

 The view through that window was dim at best
             I’m afraid you just imagined the rest

 You have got to stop calling late at night
             Your obsessiveness is just not right

 And even if I let you in
             What makes you think love would begin

 I really don’t want to break your heart
             But the only choice is to stay apart

 There are things you just don’t understand
             That would get in the way of romantic plans

 Long before her heart could be won
             The fix was in, the deed was done

 Makes no difference how you carry on
             She will resist your fatal charms

 I know you think that your all that
             But after all, Tom, you’re just a cat

No comments:

Post a Comment