Oh Lucy, how I laughed at all your antics way back when
Wondering how I could believe the messes you got in
Never thinking anyone, least of all myself
Would ever find themselves in awkward places yelling help
But suddenly I noticed that things were happening
That bore a strange resemblance to some episodes I'd seen
I realized that others might begin to make connections
And so prayed this prayer to the Lord for His protection
Lord help me when I step outside the box into the muck
And help me please when my miscalculations get me stuck
Lord help me when curiosity leads me off your path
And when my brilliant schemes disclose the common sense they lack
So Lord will you please give me the wisdom that I need
To see less and less of Lucy in my thoughts and in my deeds
Oh Lucy, you have taught me to laugh at my mistakes
I count them now with all my blessings as my life's outtakes
I have a confession to make. Many of my friends have called me Lucy, because we seem to be always having Lucy & Ethyl adventures together! So maybe that's part of why we have connected:we truly understand each other!! Love the new blog site! --BG
ReplyDelete